Adam Boxer Education
I have been extremely lucky to be asked to deliver CPD, coaching and curriculum support to a range of schools in a range of settings. On this page you can find more information about how I could support you, your school or your MAT:
- Upcoming events
- Type of training
- About me
- Case studies
If you are interested further, please be in touch with me at email@example.com
Please see below for a list of upcoming webinars. To stay updated with any new webinars, please enter your email address here (I won’t spam you!).
Type of training
I tailor my training to suit the context and can support in areas like:
- General CPD
- Curriculum design
- HOD coaching
- Behaviour management
- Evidence based practice
- Cognitive science
You can get a flavour for the kind of content I deliver here.
If you are interested please be in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a number of years I have worked nationally and internationally as a teacher trainer. I currently work as a Lead Practitioner in a school in London, and am also the Education Director at Carousel Learning. I was the founding Managing Editor of CogSciSci: the world’s largest network of science teachers looking to implement findings from cognitive science. I am the author of numerous books on evidence-based teaching, most recently Teaching Secondary Science: A Complete Guide.
Case study 1: school in West London
Focus: curriculum and outcomes in science
The school asked for:
- A review of the quality of curriculum implementation in the science department.
- Training in lesson observations.
- A bespoke plan for improving the quality of resourcing and teaching in the science department.
How I supported:
- Delivered sessions with senior and middle leaders where we conducted joint learning walks.
- In these sessions leaders were trained in how to observe lessons, what details to look for and how to feed back to staff.
- Met with leaders to analyse current department plans
- Across these sessions, we identified a number of issues across the department that would have a detrimental impact on outcomes and results:
- No planning for long-term learning.
- Incoherence between learning intentions and lesson activities.
- Over-reliance on fragmented and conglomerated PowerPoint slides for explanations and checks for understanding.
- Once these weaknesses were identified, training focused on resolving them.
- One-to-one training with the head of department in how to quickly and effectively improve resourcing and teaching with a low effort: high impact ratio.
- Prepared a tailored implementation plan for the department and presented it to them, including specific training for the department in how to improve the quality of provision.
Case study 2: Local Education Authority
The LEA had identified that curriculums had been poorly planned across their secondary science departments. They asked me to:
- Review current curriculums and resources
- Support senior leaders and heads of department in making improvements
How I supported:
- Delivered a webinar on effective curriculum design to heads, senior leaders and heads of science across the trust
- Did 1:1 follow-up sessions with heads of department, reviewing their curriculums individually
- Prepared an action plan for each head of department for curriculum improvement
For other case studies (e.g. MAT training day, school curriculum review, published curriculum review) please be in touch.
James Singleterry, Headteacher, Stukeley Meadows Primary School
Many thanks for both sessions – truly, thoroughly enjoyed and have made us think really hard about what and how to develop – something we had overlooked throughout the pandemic months.
Veronika Shelley, Assistant Headteacher, NBH Prep
We can’t recommend Adam‘ s CPD sessions highly enough. It was informative, with a lot of expert, practical, ’ready to use in the classroom’ advice, based on Doug Lemov’s TLAC strategies. A lot of content was covered in a short space of time and we are starting to see the impact already. It has really made us think about and plan for building the ratio of pupils participating and thinking hard in every lesson.
Shelley Baird, Assistant Headteacher, Chase Terrace Academy
Thank you thank you thank you – our staff are buzzing!
Great conversations afterwards – staff sat round discussing their lesson for tomorrow – 1 is changing her worksheet – exactly what we needed.
Pitched just right and can’t wait for our tea and teaching group on Tuesday as they are going to be super excited that I have purchase Teach Like a champion 2.0 as our next book.
Jane Jones, Principal Officer: Secondary and Special, School Improvement Liverpool
“Utterly brilliant. Packed full of insight. ”
“Outstanding food for thought! Great style, engaging presentation. Very useful, will be in touch.”
“Brilliant talk and some excellent ideas put forward!”
“Adam is an excellent speaker so the talk was very engaging.”
Dave Morel, Headteacher, Willingham Primary
Thanks again for the PD this afternoon Adam, it was brilliant, super-helpful for staff and probably the best value external PD we’ve had in a long time!……Looking forward to working with you again in the future.
Richard Thompson – Trust Director of Science (West Norfolk Academies Trust):